Looking for a hassle free website?
Let’s build something great together
At a Glance…
- Take comfort knowing that your website can grow with your business or budget, without having to start over again. (This happens more often than you think)
- Our websites are built on WordPress, the most popular Content Management System on the market.
- No ‘vendor lock in’- obviously we’d like to see you stay but if you ever move away, your site can be exported for other designer, developer or host to continue for you.
- Hosting – we offer a fully managed solution through our hosting and technology partners, Slightly Different Ltd.
Our Offering in more detail:
The process requires three components or products (1. Domain Name 2. Hosting 3. Website).
- Domain name/s:– ‘.nz’ Domains are $29.95 + GST per annum. Other extensions are available, some cost a bit more.
- Hosting:– At $295 +GST per annum, take advantage of a fully managed solution through our hosting and technology partners, Slightly Different Ltd. Being WordPress specialists, they are fully optimised for security and performance, with their own custom web server stack and all the latest technology. Here’s what you can expect,
- Bandwidth 10GB Disk Space, 10GB Domain Hosting and 10x Email Accounts
- Secure system with multi level firewalls (hardware firewall, server firewall, applications firewall with software specific to WordPress)
- SSL certificate via Cloudflare
- Regular WordPress and Plug-In updates
- Website security integration with routine updates
- Daily backups of your website/s
- Site performance optimisation.
Note: Some of these items are not standard offerings from other well-known web hosting entities, who charge extra for ‘add-ons’. For example, several big hosts do not provide site backups as standard. Every element in our offering is vitally important, yet often missed by customers, who are often unaware these are not always included as standard.
- Website:– we will develop a clean and modern WordPress website, utilising a commercially licenced theme which we will fully configure, re-style, design and layer to match your brand and purpose with the required look. We will install and configure our standard list of site security and licenced plugins. These include,
- Cloudflare, with SSL certificate. Cloudflare protects against threats such as SQL injection and identity theft. Also improves site performance and speeds up loading times. It activates the padlock and https protocol on your website, indicating a secure connection. SSL digitally binds a cryptographic key to your domain name, company name, location and host server name.
- Formidable Forms, we’ll build a robust contact form or page, with the option to create as many additional forms as you like. We’ll also add reCAPTCHA (Google owned reCAPTCHA, v3 verifies if an interaction is legitimate without any user interaction. It affords the ability to take action in the context of your site – for instance requiring additional factors of authentication, sending a post to moderation, throttling bots that may be scraping content.)
- Antispam Bee, to prevent against common spam. (Blocks comment spam and trackbacks, without sending personal information to third party services.)
- Revolution Slider, we’ll build you a responsive slider with up to 3 standard slides, offering an animated sequence of images, videos or other content for your home page. If you’d prefer a carousel instead, we’ll happily oblige.
- Yoast SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) makes it easier for your site to meet the highest technical SEO standards. Yoast SEO tools help with overall readability and brings content to the highest standards of SEO.
- WP Rocket – caching and performance optimisation. Caching creates an ultra-fast load time, essential for improving SEO and conversion rates.
- Image optimizer plugin. Images slow down your site performance however they are an essential element, so we need to get the best of both worlds. An image optimizer reworks images so they take up less space, and your site still loads fast.
- Social Media integration for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and others. Social media integration is the process of cross-promoting your social media accounts on your website, so they are more frequently used, explored and shared. This is something that your business needs to do to be competitive in today’s marketplace. We’ll configure the standard WordPress social media plug-in, however let’s talk if you’d like an upgrade to a premium (paid) plug-in.
- Google analytics via Exactmetrics. Google Analytics uncovers valuable data about your audience to determine which channels drive most of the traffic to your website. The Audience section provides information about the people who visit your website like their age, gender, interests, devices, and location. ExactMetrics is the best premium Google Analytics plugin for WordPress (used by +1 million sites).
- WooCommerce online shop/marketplace, with credit card payment processing via Stripe and/or PayPal (or others). If you require an online shop, we’ll install and configure WooCommerce and we’ll add up to 20 products in your site. If you use an accounting package such as Xero, talk to us as we can integrate that too (licence fee applies.)
- We’ll input the website content (text and images) which must be provided by you, in final form before design.
- Going Live:- When your website is ready to go live, we’ll carry out one hour of search engine optimisation which includes manual submission to four of the major search engine platforms. Modern search engines are not “set and forget” configurations, so if search engine rankings are important to you, then ongoing SEO work is recommended. If you would like SEO on an ongoing basis, let’s talk. Ongoing SEO is not included in this offering.
- Occasional content edits: We will supply up to three 20-minute sessions per annum to quickly add or edit page content at no charge. Talk to us if you require more than that and we’ll work out something reasonable (we have a service available for content writing blogs/social media posts/newsletters).
- Additional pages:- Allow $75 +GST per additional page.
- Design changes, site expansion and subsequent add-ons: If you wish to change your mind, add new functionality, different images, or even a new layout, then that won’t be a problem. You will however have to pay us for the work that we have completed up to that point, and then we’ll switch you over to an agreed hourly rate to cover the revisions and changes thereafter.
Examples of websites built with this approach (some may contain extra design / functionality)
- Entry level websites with up to 4 pages, great for start-ups and small business. Allow $1,850 +GST.
- Mid level websites with up to 12 pages, offer a higher level of design, with a better choice of functionality. These are ideal for normal content driven business websites, eCommerce and/or membership systems. Allow $2,850 +GST.
- Upper level websites; intended for businesses with very specific needs and requirements, beyond what’s on offer above. Starting from $4,500 +GST, a fully custom website will vary in cost, based upon your needs.
Payment Terms: Our payment schedule is tied to your project milestones: These are,
- 30% due upon placing the order with us to build a website for you.
Please note, payment of domain and hosting fees is required before we can commence the actual website build.
- 30% due on approval of the concept document displaying the final website design.
- 30% due on approval of the HTML/CSS website (we’ll supply a bypass link for you to browse the website)
- 10% due when your site is ready to go live.
Website Cost Assumptions: (where not specifically quoted)
- Word content, logos, images, photographs, videos and animations are to be supplied by you in a digital format. Images and photographs usually no smaller than 1024×768 pixels, and with a suitable resolution that allows for resizing and use on a web page display. We can supply some licence free imagery, however should you require images that cannot be obtained this way, we can suggest stock photography vendors or photographers.
- Please note: Word content, logos, images, photographs, videos, animations etc that are provided by you must be copyright or royalty free, or you must have obtained the necessary permissions to use them on your website. Please do not ask us to use assets that do not comply, as we will not do this.
- All our design and build work is carried out servers hosted by our hosting and technology partners, Slightly Different Ltd. This is so we have full access to carry out our work in an efficient manner.
Website Cost Exclusions: (where not specifically quoted)
- Should you require us to provide services such as character development, brand strategy, brand development, or word content, editing or re-writing, or logo design, illustrations or graphics, or to create dynamic content including videos or animations, or photograph touch-ups etc, these will be subject to a separate quotation.
- The ‘day to day’ web site content management is excluded (content, shop orders, processing, ongoing SEO).
- Outside of Item 6 (Website / Occasional Content Edits) any future content updates or upgrades are separate to this offering.
- Domain and web hosting renewals and any 3rd party licence costs, unless explicitly stated.
Further charges: With any website, there is always the chance our clients would like further additions, updates or changes made. These are usually agreed verbally or through email and may incur additional costs, which will be discussed and billed separately.
Mid-way cancellation and/or Non-payment of web design charges: We don’t like to consider that a client will not pay us for their web design costs, but if this happens, then we need to look at ways of being able to recover the costs involved to ourselves. If payment is not made for any part of the web design costs outstanding to us, then we may have to take any of the following actions to recover the debt owed to us.
- We reserve the right to decline carrying out any further work on the web design project if there are payments (or part payments) outstanding.
- We reserve the right to remove the website associated with the non-payment from the internet, and replace it with a standard holding page, until such time the payment is made in full. If payment is not made in full, then the client will have no rights whatsoever to the website files and/or projects associated with the debt concerned. Whilst the domain name will always remain the property of the legal owner, the associated website for which the non-payment may refer to, will be deemed as “not paid up” and therefore the client will have no entitlement to the website files.
- We may be at liberty to make further administrative charges, within reason, to cover any costs incurred by ourselves.
Moving your website to another web designer, or moving away from us: No Vendor Lock-In: If you decide to switch your website and/or hosting and/or domain to another party, then the following applies:
- There are no refunds for any un-used hosting services remaining on your current hosting package.
- All monies due for any website work undertaken up to and including the time you make a decision to leave us, needs to be paid up before any domain(s) and/or website files are transferred to you. Only website files associated with your website will be transferred. Any work up files, design notes or other materials that do not make the website work “as it is” and in its current format, do not need to be transferred.
- Any charges for transferring domain name(s) dictated to us our hosting provider Slightly Different Ltd, will need to be paid in advance, to enable any transfers being completed.
- We accept no liability whatsoever if the website will not function correctly on another server.
- Transfers will normally take 3 working days, but can take up to 21 days to complete in exceptional circumstances.
Commission us for your new website and we’ll cover 2 hours of professional photography with Harriet Carter Photography to capture your brand, products, services and team members.
Terms and Conditions apply:-
- Geographical limit – Travel: We are located in the Richmond/Nelson area and travel locally within 40 km radius (Kaiteriteri, Tapawera, east of Atawhai).
Chat to us about anything further out as this will require a travel allowance.
- We are able to photograph your products at our premises (happy to collect if you are local, or simply courier your samples to us and we’ll ship them back)
- 2 Hours of photography means the total time spent taking photos and subsequent retouching (if any).